Menu Link Widget
This widgets displays a configurable menu entry.
It is typically reserved for use in a Menu like the "Menu" container. If you use it somewhere else, it will create a list of a single entry.
Specify which section of your blog you want this widget to link to such as your blog home (default setting), archive directory, category directory and others. In general the name of each available option is self-explicative, however here is the full list of them:
- Front Page: link to the home page of the current collection (disp = front)
- Recent posts: link to a list of the recent posts (disp = posts).
- Search page: link to a search form (disp = search).
- Archive directory: link to a list with all the months which posts have been issued (disp = arcdir).
- Category directory: link to a list of the available categories in the current collection (disp = catdir).
- Tags: link to a list of all the tags ((disp = tags)
- Post index: link to an index of all posts in the current blog/collection (disp = postidx). The title of each item is displayed in that list, and each one of them links to its full view (disp = single).
- Photo index: link to a page that displays all the pictures attached to the items that belong to the current collection (disp = mediaidx).
- Site Map: (disp = sitemap)
- Latest comments: (disp = comments)
- Blog owner contact form: link to a contact form to contact the owner of the current collection (disp = msgform)
- Blog owner profile: (disp = user)
- User directory: (disp = users)
- Log in form: link to the login form (disp = login). If the In-skin login (In-skin Action Settings) is disabled, the standard login form is displayed instead.
- Logout link: link to close the current user session.
- Registration form: link to a registration form (disp = register). It is displayed only if the New users can register parameters is checked Default User Permissions.
- My profile: (disp = user)
- Edit profile: (disp = profile)
- Edit profile picture: (disp = avatar)
- Any item (post, page, etc...): link to a specific item. It will be visible only if the parameter Item ID is not empty and its value belongs to an existent item in the site, no matter if it is in a different blog / collection. (disp = single or disp=page, depending on the entered Item ID.)
- New Item: link to write a new post (useful for forums) (disp = edit). The link will be visible only if the In-skin edition is enabled In-skin Action Settings
- Admin/Backoffice Link.
- Any URL: link to the given URL (in the URL field below)
The text that will appear on the link. If you leave this empty, a default text will be generated.
The current collection link of some of the types above could be overridden by entering a different Collection ID in this field.
This lets you chose if the link should always be displayed or only if access to the destination Collection ID is allowed. This is useful for navigation menus.
Use this tol specify the ID of the Item to show for Menu links such as posts, pages, and others (empty by default).
Use this to specify the destination URL of "URL" type links (empty by default).
Do you want the menu link to be highlighted if b2evolution detects that we are currently on the page it links to.
- CSS Class: will automatically replace
$wi_class$in your blog's containers (empty by default).
- DOM ID: will automatically replaces
$wi_ID$in your blog's containers (empty by default).
- Allow caching: allows you to control caching of the widget in the block cache.
Created by • Last edit by on 2016 Aug 06
No feedback yet
Form is loading...