Released on February 18th, 2020. Re-released on February 19th with some bug fixes.
Yes, there has been a jump from 7.0.x to 7.1.x. If you wonder why, it's because many intermediary versions went to PRO Clients and we did not have time to match them with public releases. So this release bring a lot of new features.
This is a beta version of b2evolution 7.1.x. It might have small bugs but it is generally stable (we are running it on several production sites).
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
In addition to the features of 7.0.1-beta:
- Content management:
- Improved Front office edit form, which can be more finely configured per Item Type
- Added Edit file/image properties directly from Attachments Panel
- Improved "Add version" dialog auto-selects the collection to be used for the new language. See: Item Languages / Version Panel.
- Added Mass edit functions in Back-Office Posts View.
- Improved Markdown Importer
- Improved WordPress XML Importer
- Added Auto Anchors Plugin
- Added Keyboard Shortcuts like F2 to edit.
- Added Menu Editor with support for multiple languages
- Improved Customizer mode when clicking on widgets.
- Added First click brings up settings. Additional clicks allow to interact with the widget.
- Added Move to top or move to bottom button.
- Added Clone widget button.
- Added Templates with support for multiple languages (in case the templates contain text). Already used in:
- Added Switchers to allow showing/hiding any content, including rows in the Compare Item Fields Widget
- Added Added condition field in Compare Item Fields Widget to allow hiding columns in specific views
- Improved Tiny URL support
- Improved Upgraded to jQuery v 3.4.1.
- Improved Upgraded to Bootstrap v 3.4.1.
- Improved Performance.
- Fixed Various bugs.
- Added Internal Searches Analytics tab.
- Added Glossary auto links Plugin
- Added Support for YAML
extra-slugs:in Markdown importer.
- Added Ability to remove b2evolution branding.
- Added Social network connection framework: Social Accounts Tab, Social Login Plugin. Users can login/register with a social network account. Multiple social accounts can be connected to / disconnected from a b2evolution account.
- Added Support for automatic adding of
utm_*params in Collection Tiny URLs Settings.
Also includes features that were back-ported to 6.11.5-stable:
- Improved Back-Office UI
- Improved No longer affix the site header when using the Bootstrap Manual Skin. Leave that up to the site header to decide (more options in v7)
- Improved Tag widget edit mode
- Improved Custom Field format options
- Improved [thumbnail:] Short Tag CSS
- Fixed Messages overlapping Menus
- Fixed Various bugs
Also includes features that were back-ported to 6.11.4-stable:
- Added Quick tag editing (through AJAX) in the Item Tags Widget.
- Added Email notification when a User is mentioned in a Meta Comment.
- Added Item Workflow Properties Widget.
- Improved Default config changed to prevent uploading sensitive files (like
.phpfiles) even for Administrators.
- Improved Manual skin, added "Sidebar Single" container.
- Improved Item Custom Fields Widget to allow correctly formatting them in a sidebar.
- Improved Alignment thumbnails in posts containing several of them.
- Improved DB backups now include
DROP TABLEstatements so you can quickly use them to replace a broken DB.
- Improved Formatting in various notification emails.
- Improved Numbered all replies in forum skins.
- Fixed Display of Intro Tag posts in Manual skins.
- Fixed No longer add Open Graph data to "Login Required" pages.
- Fixed Allow to limit nesting level on the category list widget.
- Fixed Attaching existing files in a Meta Comment.
- Fixed Never show friendly names in username column of user list.
- Fixed Fake comment form inviting to log in to comment.
- Fixed Various bugs
Also includes features that were back-ported to 6.11.3-stable:
- Fixed Upgrade from some older versions which did not upgrade well to 6.11.2.
- Improved Installer: request more time for PHP execution during install process; stop if
sample.htaccesscannot be read.
- General UI/UX:
- Improved Display update after upload in file manage (AJAX).
- Improved Search can now find posts based on keywords? See Search Results Panel.
- Improved UI improvements.
- Workflow features:
- Added ability to disable disp = users on User Directory Features.
- Added control to INDEX or NOINDEX Category, Tag & other filtered pages with Intros
- Improved XML Sitemap -- See: Publish an XML Site Map
- Improved Default slug length is now 8 words (but on existing installs you will need to manually change this if you want to -- SEO Single Post Pages / "Permalink" Pages Panel ).
- Fixed Infinite recursion on URLs pointing to the Contact form.
- Fixed PHP 7.3 compatibility.
- Fixed Autofix invalid filepaths in DB.
- Fixed Various bugs
The following plugins are no longer bundled with the b2evolution v7 distribution: adsense, cookie_consent, flowplayer, google_maps, watermark, facebook, proof_of_work_captcha, smilies, twitter tweet renderer.
You can still obtain those plugins from the Plugin Repository.
Keeping up to date...
To learn more about the new features and be notified as we write documentations for them:
All emails include an "Instant unsubscribe" link.