Released on June 13th, 2019.
This is a beta version of b2evolution 7.0.x. It might have small bugs but it is generally stable (we are running it on several production sites).
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
All the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
In addition to the features of 7.0.0-alpha:
- Improved Customizer sidebar now updates styles in the right pane in real time.
- Added Posts can be grouped together as multiple versions/languages of the same content.
- Added A widget allows switching between versions.
- Added Collections can define a primary language/locale and secondary languages/locales and/or link to other collections for translations to a specific language/locale.
- Improved Media Index now has a container and displays with a configurable widget.
- Added Markdown Importer allows you to a directory structure containing MarkDown
.mdfiles + related images.
- Improved UI changes
- Fixed Various bugs
To learn more about the new features and be notified as we write documentations for them:
All emails include an "Instant unsubscribe" link.
Comment from: Member
Ah, it’s great that the PHP 5.2 requirement has been dropped. I dropped support for it in my theme years ago, as it just required too much code to get around PHP 5.2’s limitations.
Comment from: B2Evo User Visitor
Hi! First of all I want to say Thank You for this cool CMS!
But yesterday I install this latest beta release on my localhost environment:
XAMPP, PHP 7.3.2. Installed successfully and opt in for creating dummy contents, but on the sidebar 2 it gave me this error:
Deprecated: strstr(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in D:\.XAMPP\htdocs\.Web\b2e\plugins\_texturize.plugin.php on line 158
There are some bugs maybe like:
- Threaded comments did not work, although we click on “reply this comment…” but the comment still send to the bottom…
And also there are no some “system requirements check” before the installation begin, which enough to confuse me to enable the gd2 extension in php.ini when the images does not appears :D .
Overall, this is the future CMS thank you :D
Comment from: Member
For bug reports, please go to https://forums.b2evolution.net/b2evolution-development/bug-reports/ and provide enough information (like screenshots). As you can see this reply is indented, as expected.