Single post pages / "Permalink" pages
Define the default style that will be used to compose the permalinks. You could choose between several options according your needs and preferences:
- Use param: post ID - http://example.com/blog1.php?p=123&more=1
- Use param: post title - http://example.com/blog1.php?title=post-title&more=1
- Use extra-path: post title (selected by default) - http://example.com/blog1.php/post-title
- Use extra-path: year - http://example.com/blog1.php/2006/post-title
- Use extra-path: year & month - http://example.com/blog1.php/2006/12/post-title
- Use extra-path: year, month & day - http://example.com/blog1.php/2006/12/31/post-title
- Use extra-path: sub-category - http://example.com/blog1.php/subcat/post-title
- Use extra-path: category path - http://example.com/blog1.php/cat/subcat/post-title
Limit slug length to
Define how many words will be included in the slug. The default value is 5.
If a particular post is requested with a twisted URL, do you want to automatically redirect to the right URL?
It is useful if you change your URL scheme.
This is also overly useful if you move posts or categories from one blog to another.
If you move a post and this is disabled, there are 2 possible situations:
- Either the post is no longer part of the requested blog, and you get a "Sorry, nothing to display"
- Or the post is still cross categorized into the requested blog and it will be displayed in that (somewhat wrong) blog template.
Options of this parameter
- 301 redirect to canonical URL when possible: enable/disable the automatic 301 redirect when an item’s slug is different from the canonical or extra category URL of the Item. When enabled, all the requests made to any slug associated to a given item will generate a redirect to its canonical or extra category URL. Note that b2evo will not redirect to the canonical URL in case an Item is posted to any extra category of the requested collection and even of the cross-posted collection.
- Use rel="canonical" if not 301 redirected: with this option, in case the 301 redirect to the canonical URL explained above is not executed, b2evo adds a
<link rel="canonical" href="http://example.com/canonical-url" />into the
The excerpt of the item is used when no meta description is provided. For more information about how to customize the <meta> description of a given item, please read this page: Post Advanced Properties Panel
When no keywords are set in an item, its tags (if any) are included in the headline of the page as <meta> keywords. For more information about how to customize this field for a given item, please read this page: Post Advanced Properties Panel.
When it is enabled, the images linked to a given item are included in the head of the HTML page in single view by following this syntax:
<meta property=”og:image” content=”http://example.com/image.jpg” />. This is part of the b2evolution’s approach to the Open Graph Protocol. This feature is available starting from version 5.1.1.
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 22, 2018