The Item Edit Screen
The back-office item edit screen is composed of the following functions and panels:
Top right action icons
- Delete action will ask for confirmation and delete the item
- Permalink action will take you to the item in the Front Office
- Comment icon will show the number of comments on the item and will take you to the list of comments when clicked
- Duplicate action will create a new item, pre-filled with contents identical to the current one
- Merge with…* action will merge the current item to another item
- History action will show you the history of modifications on this item
- Close icon will take you back to the previous screen without saving current changes
Left / Large column
- Item contents panel
- Images & Attachments panel
- Advanced Properties panel
- Meta-comments panel
Right / Narrow column
- There are seven core post types.
- The Images & Attachmentsfieldset appears in b2evolution 2.5+.
- Have a Myspace blog? Have a b2evo blog? Wish you could somehow sync the two up without cutting and pasting?
- This panel allows you to see the Meta Comments for the current post.
- The categories fieldset is located at the top of the right column on both the Simple and Expert tab|post editing screens.
- Parent ID This allows to link an Item to a parent Item (if enable in the Item Type Advanced Properties). This can later be used with the [Parent:] Short Tag. Owner Enter the login of the author/owner of the Item/Post. User admins may also create a new…
- This panel allows you to select which Renderer plugins should apply to your post. Configuring this panel This panel may have more or less available renderers, depending on the configuration in the collection plugin settings.
- Depending on the Post Type of the current Post, this panel allows you to control posting of comments on the current Post. You have the choice of leaving comments open or closed for each post you write. Close the comments when a post attracts too much…
- This panel allow to record Goal hits to page/post views. In order to record a hit on a specific goal every time the Post or Page is displayed, do this: Create a Goal in Goal Settings. Select a Goal Category -> the final goals of that category will be…
- If you don’t get WYSIWYG edit mode (TinyMCE) and see this instead: [image:8429] It means your post type (e-g: Forum Post or Manual Page) is not allowing HTML content. You can change this here: Collection > Settings > Post Types > Post…
- If you have defined Custom Fields for the current Item Type, you will be able to enter values for each field here: [image:8575]
- This form allows the user to edit the current item list en masse. This can be useful for on-site/on-page SEO reviews. The following fields for each item are editable: Item title URL slugs <title> tag