Short Tags Reference
Short tags can be inserted in the posts with the use of square brackets, i-e:
They will be replaced with specific content before the post is displayed.
Some short tags are built-in features of the b2evolution core while others are handled by plugins.
The order in which short tags are replaced/rendered is the following:
- All Renderer Plugins are executed in their order of priority. They will replace any short tags they can replace.
[pagebreak]are used to cut blocks of text.
- Built-in renderers such as
[folder:]are executed last, in case the tags haven’t been replaced by a plugin yet.
- Short tags used to display Custom Fields
- The [audio:] short tag is used to render an audio player for an attached file, using the first audio player plugin available.
- This will display an email capture form (through the Email capture / Quick registration widget) and automatically register users to a mailing list.
- This short tag will show a link icon that will open the specified attached file when clicked.
- This short tag will insert the attached file as a responsive image (typically using the full width of the text column) with optional caption.
- The short tag [inline:] will insert the attached image file as a very simple tag pointing to the original file.
- This tag allows to have multi-page posts. This used to be really popular in the days when CPM ad banners were cluttering the pages and site editors wanted to generate as many page views as possible.
- This short tag allows the display of the Poll Widget within the content of any post/article/page. This tag will be rendered by the Polls Plugin renderer (if it is configured to do so).
- This short tag allows logged-in Users to subscribe to an email list. If they are already subscribed, the button toggles to allows to unsubscribe.
- This short tag allows to mark the separation between the Teaser of a post and the body of the post. In many views, b2evolution will display only the Teaser of a post and a "Read more" or "Full story" link will appear at the position of the tag.
- The inline [thumbnail:] tag is a placeholder inserted in the content to be replaced by a thumbnail image when the post is displayed.
- The [video:] short tag is used to render a video player for an attached file using the first video player plugin available.