Short Tags Reference
Using Short Tags in posts
Short tags can be inserted in the posts by the use of square brackets, i-e:
They will be replaced with specific content before the post is displayed.
Some short tags are built-in features of the b2evolution core. Others are handled by plugins.
The order in which short tags are replaced/rendered is the following:
- All renderer plugins are executed in their order of priority. They will replace any short tags they can replace.
[pagebreak]are used to cut blocks of text.
- Built-in renderers such as
[inline:]are executed last, in case the tags haven’t been replaced by a plugin yet.
- Short tags used to display Custom Fields
- Built-in feature [audio:123] will insert the attached file having ID 123 by using an audio player, using the first audio player plugin available. When you attach an audio file to a post and then click on the green (+) icon, a tag like [audio:123] will…
- [emailcapture:1/some user tag:fields:button text] This will display an email capture form (through the Email capture / Quick registration widget) and automatically register users to a mailing list (list #1 in this example). You may use this at the end…
- will show an icon to open the attached file having ID 123. This is a built-in feature of b2evolution. to be implemented: Proper placement This tag renders into a link (<a>) and can be placed almost anywhere.
- will insert the attached file as a responsive image (typically using the full width of the text column) with optional caption.
- will insert the attached file as a very simple <img> tag.
- This tag allows to have multi-page posts. This used to be really popular in the days when CPM ad banners were cluttering the pages and site editors wanted to generate as many page views as possible. More recently, splitting article over multiple pages…
- This short tag allows the display of the Poll Widget within the content of any post/article/page. This tag will be rendered by the Polls Plugin Renderer (if it is configured to do so). Syntax [poll: Poll ID : Custom title : Custom question ] Poll ID: ID…
- [subscribe:1/some user tag:Button text to subscribe:Button text if already subscribed:] This short tag allows logged-in Users to subscribe to an email list. If they are already subscribed, the button toggles to allows to unsubscribe. This uses the List…
- This short tag allows to mark the separation between the Teaser of a post and the body of the post. In many views, b2evolution will display only the Teaser of a post and a "Read more" or "Full story" link will appear at the position…
- Built-in feature [thumbnail:123] will insert the attached image file having ID 123 as a thumbnail, typically a smaller image floating left or right of the main text. This is a built-in feature of b2evolution 6.8+ The inline [thumbnail:] tag is a…
- Built-in feature [video:123] will insert the attached file having ID 123 as a video, using the first video player plugin available. When you attach a video file to a post and then click on the green (+) icon, a tag like [video:123] will be automatically…