This panel allows you to manage two specific features of the comments.
- Letting commenters rate the post by adding stars, using a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 as the lowest and 5 the highest.
- Letting other users vote for the published comments as being helpful or not helpful.
The voting options are:
- Display summary: check to display a summary of ratings above the comments. Checked by default.
- Allow star ratings from: select which users are able to rate using the stars scale. The options are: Any user, Registered users only, Members only and Not allowed. The option
Any useris selected by default.
- Star rating question: specify a question / phrase to display before the star rating.
- Allow helpful/not helpful: check to display a pair of buttons in each comment that lets a user assign it a "Helpful" or "Not helpful" vote. Each "Helpful" vote adds a 1 to the helpfulness count of the comment, and each vote "Not helpful" decreases this count by 1. At any moment, the helpfulness index of each comment can be determined by the number of votes received.