Moderating the Visibility of Posts & Comments
- One button will "raise" the Visibility Status of the post/comment.
- One button will "lower" the Visibility Status of the post/comment.
Note: Depending on their permissions, they may also see a Recycle or a Delete button.
The following diagram shows the two actions possible given at any Visibility Status level:
- ‘Public’ only has one button: ‘Restrict to community!’. It has no "raising" button because there is no higher level.
- ‘Deprecated’ only has one button: ‘Open to moderators!’. It has no "lowering" button because there is no lower level.
- ‘Redirected’ is a special case. It has only one button: ‘Deprecate!’ (It’s a "lowering" button; there is no "raising" button).
Raise/Lower and Recycle Actions for Comments
Comments don’t have a Redirected Status. However they can be Recycled (a soft and reversible option to Deleting). Thus for comments, the diagram looks like this:
When the User Has Less Permissions
If the current user doesn’t have permission for every single status shown on this diagram, you should imagine the diagram as having direct arrows jumping over the inaccessible statuses. For example, if the user doesn’t have permission on the Members status, the diagram would look like this:
If we further removed the Review and Private statuses, the diagram would look like this:
Finally, a very basic blogging setup would look like this:
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 08, 2015