Each User is part of a Primary User Group which grants its users a set of permissions. Optionally, users can also be part of several Secondary User Groups which can grant them additional permissions.
A default Primary User Group is assigned to new users when they register. This can be configured in the Default User Permissions.
Default User Groups
By default, b2evolution is configured with the following user groups:
- Administrators : Unrestricted permissions
- Moderators : Normal Back Office access, can view all collections and all stats, can upload (unlocked files only) to Shared file root, can act as User Moderators.
- Editors : Restricted Back Office access. The users onlyhave access to editing the collections they have permissions on.
- Normal Users : Basic permissions, no access to the Back Office, no Evobar.
- Misbehaving/Suspect Users: Permissions are restricted
- Spammers/Restricted Users: Permissions are further restricted, sometimes even more than for Anonymous Users
- Blog B Members: This is intended to be used as a secondary group