Collections of type ‘Manual’ benefit from a specific editing tool.
Accessing the Manual Pages Editor
You can access the Manual Pages Editor by clicking on Contents > Manual view. You can also access the Editor through the evoBar when you are looking at a manual collection.
Using the Manual Pages Editor
- Title column: This is the title of each Chapter/Sub-Chapter or Manual Page/Post.
- Click on the little triangles or the Chapter titles to drill down into chapters/sub-chapters.
- Click on the edit icon after the chapter title to edit properties of a chapter.
- Click on the Post titles to edit a post.
- The image column displays the image attached to a category. This is useful when you have icons associated with categories.
- URL "slug"
- Order : This is useful when you use Manual ordering instead of Alphabetic ordering. See section below.
Reordering chapters & posts
The Manual View is the best place to re-order all your Chapters/Categories and Pages/Posts:
- First make sure you enable Manual ordering instead if Alphabetical ordering;
- If you just changed to "Manually", Save changes. By default this will trickle down to all chapters and sub-chapters. However, please note that if you changed the setting of a sub-chapter to something else than "Same as parent’, it will not trickle down.
- You can now change order numbers by clicking on them, changing the values and pressing return. The new number will be saved immediately and the display will reorder.
Created by • Last edit by on May 10, 2019