Item Type: Custom Fields Panel
The different columns also appear in the "details" form which you can open with the "edit" icon for each field. Please see below for an explanation of these details.
You can define custom fields of the following types:
- Numeric: Useful for Price, Weight, Length, etc. This field will be stored as a double floating point number.
- Computed : The value will be computed with a formula from other Numeric or computed fields. Example:
$prep_time$+$cook_time$+$passive_time$will produce the SUM of the fields having the codes
- String: Useful for text strings such as Brand, Color, Fabric, etc. This field will be stored as a varchar() field.
- Text: Useful when you need multiple lines of text
- HTML: Useful when you need (multiple lines of) text including formatting.
- URL: Useful for URLs that will be clickable (potentially in the form of a button).
- Image: Useful to reference an image (but its Link ID) in order to have it appear in a specific place of a template or to have it appear in comparison tables.
- Separator: This is useful to group several custom fields under a heading that will separate groups of fields, for example in comparison tables.
You can open the following pop-up/modal dialog by clicking the "edit" icon for a specific field:
- Order: the order of the field relative to the others. Useful to order field in the back and/or front-office.
- Title (sometimes also called Field Label): the label that will be displayed to name the field
- Name (sometimes also called Field Code): the internal code you will need to use to designate specific fields to display in a widget, in a short tag or in PHP code
- Schema Property Name: Use this if you want the custom field to be used as semantic markup in the generated web pages.
- Type: see above. The type of a field cannot be changed after creation.
- Format: allows to format the output of numeric fields, for example
$ 0 0.00will display the value
$ 12 345.67.
- Note: displayed in the back-office.
- Required: check to indicate that this custom field is required.
- With MC: check to include this custom field in the meta comment form. This custom field can be updated at the same time when a meta comment is created.
- Public: if not checked, the field will be shown only in the back-office.
- Header cell class: CSS class names used to style the Title/Label of each line with the widget and short tags that display in table format.
- Data cell class: CSS class names used to style the value cells in tables (see "Header cell class" above).
- Link: should the value be displayed as link? This is useful for URL custom fields but also other types of fields can link to the permalink of the Item or to the "Link to" Url of the item.
- Link class: CSS class to style the
- Line highlight: useful in comparison tables, to highlight the lines that have differences between the compared items.
- Green highlight: useful in comparison tables, to highlight the cells with the lowest/highest value.
- Red highlight: useful in comparison tables, to highlight the cells with the highest/lowest value.
- Description: will appear in a tool tip.
- Auto merge: if checked, multiple columns with the same value will be merged. May be useful to display tables with less redundant info.
Created by • Last edit by on Jul 24, 2019