Browsing posts pages (disp=posts)
The following parameters could be set for the main page or post list of your site:
- First posts page: Adds a
<meta name="robots" content="NOINDEX,FOLLOW">tag to the headline of the main page.
- Next posts pages:
- META NOINDEX - Page 2,3,4, etc. without intro. It does exactly the same that point number 1 in this list without intro post, but starting from the second page of the list of posts.
- META NOINDEX - Page 2,3,4, etc. with an intro. It does exactly the same that point number 1 in this list with an intro post, but starting from the second page of the list of posts.
- NOFOLLOW on links to Page 2,3,4… Adds a
rel="NOFOLLOW"parameter to the
<a>tags used to go to the next pages at the posts list.
You can see below how META NOINDEX settings work:
- Make canonical:
- 301 redirect to canonical URL when possible
- Use rel="canonical" whenever necessary
- Use rel="canonical" even when not necessary (self-refering)
- Post titles: defines the behavior of the posts’ titles at the list. The possible options are:
- Link to the permanent url of the post
- Link to the "link to URL" specified in the post (if any)
- Link to the "link to URL" if specified, otherwise fall back to permanent url
- No links on titles
- Post contents: defines what content will be shown after the title of the posts. You could decide one of these options:
- Post excerpts (No Teaser images will be displayed on default skins)
- Standard post contents (stopping at
[teaserbreak]) (Teaser images will be displayed)
- Full post contents (including after
[teaserbreak]) (All images will be displayed)
- Permalinks: to define where the permalinks in the post list should link.
- Link to single post. Go to the content of the post.
- Link to post in archive. Go to the list of items published in the same time frame. This time frame is set as post made in the same Month and Year.
- Link to post in sub-category. Go to the list of all the posts that belong to the same category of the current. It is the same as to browsing or searching by categories.
Created by • Last edit by on Sep 04, 2019