Post Moderation Panel
In this section, you can configure some options related with the moderation of the posts.
You can enable anonymous users to create new posts by checking the New posts by anonymous users option. This is typically used in forum collections. Take note that a new user account will be created for them when they post.
The Default status for new posts in backoffice and Default status for new anonymous posts options allows you to specify the default Visibility Status of every new post created in the back-office and of new posts created by anonymous users respectively. The visibility status are as follows:
- as Public, which everyone can see (not a highly recommended setting)
- as Community, which is visible only to all logged-in users
- as Members, which is visible to all members only
- as Review, which is visible only to Moderators who are authorized to publish the post
- as Private, which basically means, only you can see the post
- as Draft, which also means only you and other back-office users can see (and maybe edit) the post before it is published (this is the default setting)
- as Deprecated, which means the post won’t be published, or if it was published before, it won’t be anymore
- as Redirected (301)
It is also possible to configure the "Require moderation" statuses, which means that all the posts with the selected Visibility Statuses will be included in the notifications sent by the "Send reminders about posts awaiting moderation" scheduled job.
Posts with stale content or posts that have not been updated for a period of time will be reported to content moderators. You can define the period when posts are considered stale in the Stale content alert field.
Created by • Last edit by on Jun 14, 2019