File Permissions Panel
This panel allows you to set the file permissions for the edited user group.
General file access
Are group members allowed to view the File Manager and use file attachments on posts?
- No access
- Different perm levels depending on Allowed File Roots. See below as well as List Of Permissions.
- Edit unlocked files in all File Roots. This overrides any specific media dir permissions on specific collection.
- Edit all files in all File Roots, including locked (sensitive / executable) files.
- This overrides any specific media dir permissions on specific collection.
- This is also required to be allowed to unzip files on the server (you need this if you get the error "You don’t have permission to UNZIP files automatically on the server.")
- Reserve this to system admins only!
Access to shared root
The shared root is shared between all collections and all users who have access to it.
Access to import root
The import root is useful for uploading files that will be process by an import tool.
Access to skins root
The skins root allows online access to the skin files include their PHP templates.
Access to plugins root
The plugins root allows online access to the plugins files and other related files.
WARNING: Access to Import, Skins and Plugins roots have security implications and are typically reserved for the system admin.