Default User Group Settings
What are the default User Group settings?
The default user groups in b2evolution v5 include the following:
- Administrators: Users in this group have full access to the entire Back Office installation.
- Normal Users: The default group for new users. They have no access to the Back Office other than what is given to them by specific blog permissions.
- Trusted Users: They can view the "Login" link from the main page of their blog, they can also view the Antispam Tab and the File Manager (but they cannot upload files by default). They also have their specific blog permissions.
- Moderators: They can view the "Login" link from the main page of their blog, they can also view (but not modify) all the blogs on the site, the Stats Tab, the User Groups Tab, and the Settings Tab. They have full access to the Antispam Tab and they can add/upload files to the File Manager. They also have their specific blog permissions.
- Misbehaving/Suspect Users: Users in this group have severely restricted permissions, which includes no toolbar access, strong security filters, and the inability to access stats and files. They are allowed to read and send messages to users that are on their contact list.
- Spammers/Restricted Users: This user group also has severely restricted permissions. By default, they can send private messages to their contact list.
The default permissions for each group can be modified on the User Groups Tab by clicking on the group name. New groups can also be created by clicking on the "Add group" link.
Created by • Last edit by on Oct 01, 2015