Collection Type Panel
This is the type of your collection.
Types can be:
- Home / Main: A collection optimized to be used as a site homepage and/or for generic functions such as messaging, user profiles, etc.
- Blog: A standard blog with the most common features.
- Gallery: A blog optimized to publishing photos.
- Forum: A collection optimized to be used as a forum. (This should be used with a forums skin)
- Manual: A collection optimized to be used as an online manual, book or guide. (This should be used with a manual skin)
- Tracker: A collection optimized for issue tracking or collaborative editing. Look for the workflow properties on the post editing form. (This should be used with a forums skin)
The type of the collection is especially important when creating a new collection, as it will pre-set many settings according to the desired outcome.
After the creation, the type has less influence on the behavior of the Blog/Collection than the individual collection settings. In some cases though, it may trigger the visibility of a given tool or it may change the wording of some options (i-e: Post vs Topic)
You can change the type or reset the settings matching the type by clicking the provided link. See Changing the Collection Type.
Created by • Last edit by on Jun 10, 2019