A linkblog is a simple way to add content to the sidebar of your regular blog without having to change any skin files or add any content manually. The linkblog is actually just a regular blog which gets inserted into the sidebar of your blog. This is very powerful because it allows you to add posts, links, images, and other content into your linkblog which will then be automatically displayed in the sidebar of your regular blog.
Most people use the linkblog as a way to post links to other websites. To do so you would perform the following steps.
- Go to Guided Tour - Back-Office.
- Under the Write tab click on the button to add a post to your linkblog. The blog buttons are directly underneath the Write tab.
- The "Title" will be the link which will display to your visitors.
- The "Link to url" will be the actual URL of the site you’re linking.
- That’s it unless you want to write any (visible) comments about the link.
You are not limited to using the linkblog in this manner, but it is by far the most common use, and it is also the original intention of the linkblog.
You could show as many linkblogs in your collection as you need. The Linkblogs visibility is controlled by a Widget named "Simple Linkblog Links list" and it could be configured as following:
- Go to Collections > [Collection name] > Widgets.
- Select the zone of your page where you want to display the linkblog and click on "Add widget".
- Click on "Simple Linkblog Links list".
- At the "Widget Edit form", locate the field "Blog" and set the ID of the collection that you want to use. If you are not sure about where this number is, please read: How do I locate the ID of any collection?.
- Click on "Save changes!" and go to your collection. The new widget must be showing the entries of the linkblog that you just selected.
- (Optional) You may repeat this steps in order to include another linkblog; just vary the zone of the skin where you want to show it. You could change the Collection ID and display a different one as well.
Note: By default Blog A has been configured to show Blog ID = 3 after the installation. This is the default linkblog, but you may change it as you want.
There are other possibilities to use linkblogs, please read multiblogs.php.
You can also assign one linkblog to multiple blogs. This is useful if you want to have a consistent sidebar among multiple blogs.
At the "Widget edit form" mentioned above (step 4), you can limit the number of entries shown in each linkblog. Just set the field "Max items" to your desired number. By default this field is set to 20.
Created by • Last edit by on Nov 30, 2019