After Installation / Upgrade
Editing configuration files
Just in case you find yourself manually editing some of the Configuration files (which is rare, but still…), be very careful not to add any extra blank lines at the start or end of the files. For some very tricky reasons, this may cause your cookies to fail where needed in the app, and you won’t know why. See also: "Warning: Cannot modify header information"
Completing the installation / upgrade
Once your installation is done and basically works, there are still a few tricky things you should watch for:
- Check that the installer was able to correctly install your .htaccess File.
- If you get any file permission errors when running b2evolution, then you must take care of changing all necessary Directory and File Permissions.
On public / production servers, you’ll want to do the following for optimal security of your system:
- Use your FTP client to delete the
/installfolder. This will prevent others from possibly overwriting your settings.
- Turn off detailed error messages for best security: Please see Exposing Errors to Visitors.
- If you just installed, this is not critical right now, but keep in mind we have a whole page about Performance Optimization which will help you greatly enhance the performance of your system by tuning your server configuration. Make a note for later because this can really help b2evolution run up to 10 times faster, depending on how your server is currently configured.