Automated Install / Upgrade
This page is intended for integrators / developers, not for regular users.
b2evolution supports fully automated installation and fully automated upgrade by calling the regular
/install/index.php script with special parameters, either via CURL or via PHP CLI.
This document describes how you can most easily automate the installation of b2evolution on a hosting account.
This document also addresses automated upgrade of b2evolution.
b2evolution is a PHP + MySQL web application. Please see our System requirements for details.
Basics of auto-installation
Automated installation of b2evolution typically should include these steps:
- Place the application files in the destination directory. (Check correct file permissions).
- Create a MySQL User, Database and privileges of the user on the database.
- Run the install/setup script provided of the application. (Note: the same script can also auto-upgrade any older version of the DB to the current one).
- Delete the installer files.
See the file
/install/automated-installation.html for more information.
We will document new params here
Added in 6.6.8
htaccess=test(default) : test if .htacess is supported
- If no existing
.htaccessis found, install our own
- If an existing
.htaccessis found and it doesn’t match what we expect:
- On install: display an error, which can be bypassed with the param
- On upgrade: display a simple one line warning
- If no existing
htaccess=force: Force writing/updating .htaccess to latest version. This may be the best option in case of controlled environments.
htaccess=skip: Skip this process entirely. This is the best option if the root directory is not writable by PHP at the time of install.
Created by • Last edit by on Mar 20, 2016