After Installation / Upgrade
Here are a few things you should be aware of once you have performed a basic working installation…
Editing configuration files
Just in case you find yourself manually editing some of the Configuration files (which is rare, but still…), be very careful not to add any extra blank lines at the start or end of the files. For some very tricky reasons, this may cause your cookies to fail where needed in the app, and you won’t know why. See also: "Warning: Cannot modify header information"
Completing the installation / upgrade
Once your installation is done and basically works, there are still a few tricky things you should watch for:
- Check that the installer was able to correctly install your .htaccess File.
- If you get any file permission errors when running b2evolution, then you must take care of changing all necessary Directory and File Permissions.
Configure a cron job
A cron job will make sure b2evolution’s scheduled tasks get executed automatically.
Configure email processing
On most web servers, b2evolution will be able to send out notification emails without further configuration. However, a well configured website should also be able to process email returned in error and stop sending/spamming to addresses that no longer accept your emails.
On public / production servers, you’ll want to do the following for optimal security of your system:
- Use your FTP client to delete the
/installfolder. This will prevent others from possibly overwriting your settings.
- Turn off detailed error messages for best security: Please see Exposing PHP Errors to Visitors.
- If you just installed, this is not critical right now, but keep in mind we have a whole page about Performance Optimization which will help you greatly enhance the performance of your system by tuning your server configuration. Make a note for later because this can really help b2evolution run up to 10 times faster, depending on how your server is currently configured.
Created by • Last edit by on Sep 16, 2016
No feedback yet
Form is loading...