This feature is available since version 6.0.0; Settings have been extended in b2evolution 6.7.5
This screen allows you to configure which SMTP gateway to use to send out emails. By default b2evolution will use the built in
mail() function of PHP but you can also configure an external SMTP server.
This page also allows to send out test emails.
SMTP Server Connection Settings
The main parameters are:
- Enabled: decide whether or not this service is available.
- SMTP Host: the hostname or IP address of the SMTP server.
- Port number: number of the port used by the server. The most common values are 443 (SSL encryption) and 587 (TLS encryption), but this may vary according each case.
- Encryption method: no encryption, SSL or TLS.
- SMTP Username: username to authenticate on the SMTP server
- SMTP Password: password to authenticate on the SMTP server
Created by • Last edit by on Aug 07, 2016
No feedback yet
Form is loading...