Wait! March already? Where did December go?
Is it too late to wish you all a happy new year? Probably. Yes…
However, it’s not to later to deliver a Happy 2017!!
Since we last wrote a news post we have had a bunch of releases: 6.7.8-stable, 6.7.9-stable, 6.7.10-stable, 6.7.11-stable… and that was just for the 6.7.x branch.
Then came a whole new 6.8.x branch: 6.8.0-beta, 6.8.1-stable, 6.8.2-stable, 6.8.3-stable, 6.8.4-stable, 6.8.5-stable, 6.8.6-stable, 6.8.7-stable… and 6.8.8 is just around the corner!
A lot of releases, right? Indeed. We have switched to releasing more often, and we try to deliver as many bug fixes as possible as quickly as possible. Thank you all for your bug reports, and as always thank you for including screenshots which make it easy for us to narrow down on the problem much quicker.
Now let’s not forget new features! 6.8.x was packed with new features and the recently released 6.9.0-beta adds another layer. 6.9.1 is also just around the corner with some more.
Here are a few of our favorite new features added in 6.8 and 6.9:
- Ability to attach files to new posts in the front office (useful for forums) and in the back-office without saving post first
- Ability to attach an image to each category and to use it as a fall-back for posts without an image in the Universal Item List Widget
- Ability to attach an image to image and logo widgets instead of providing a relative filepath
[audio:...] short tag
- Single post display is now controlled through widgets
- Analytics aggregation can keep infinite history of visits in the DB. See Global Hits Summary
- PhpBB3 Import
- … and a lot of usability improvements.
Next stop: 6.9.1! And that’s a loaded one! Stay tuned! ;)