Released on November 2nd, 2016.
This is a beta version of b2evolution 6.8.x. Although we are using it in production on several sites, this version is only recommended for advanced users.
We will fix all reported bugs and publish a fix/patch but you will need to be able to patch the PHP files yourself. We will not make an installable release for every bug.
Also available on GitHub.
In addition to features of 6.7.8-stable:
- Refactored creation of demo contents.
- New collections can be created at any time with optional demo contents, even after initial install.
- Enhanced Menu Link widget.
- A menu link widget to another collection can now be hidden if the user does not have access to the destination collection.
- Item List widgets can now sort by "Number of members who have viewed the post (If tracking enabled)".
- Item attachments widget
- Item location widget
- AdSense widget
- Video plugins can now be disabled per-collection.
- Twitter plugin now adds
twitter:creatorsocial meta tag
- Server-Side Analytics
- Aggregation can keep infinite history of visits in the DB. See Global Hits Summary
- Allow to filter stats by period
- Allow login through HTTP Authentication (useful for single sign-on systems): see Security Options
- Post editing:
- The attachments panel is no longer an iframe. Allows for better previews.
- More image/attachment position controls
- more to be listed here...