Released on October 2nd, 2018. (It was first released on September 27th but we re-released it with a couple of additional bug fixes.)
This is a stable version of b2evolution 6.10.x, recommended for all users.
This release is actually a major milestone in b2evolution's shift from glorified blogs to full-featured Content Management System. In this release you can define Item Types with very refined custom fields. You can then create Items of the desired types. You can use the custom fields in various ways (either in your content or in your skin code) and you can even compare items of same or different types with each other (b2evolution will automatically produce detailed comparison tables like this one).
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
If you have not installed b2evo 6.10.2 yet, please see upgrade notes there.
In addition to features of 6.10.2-stable:
- New Edit/Post option in the evobar.
- Enhanced autocomplete when typing
- Ability to insert polls into email campaigns (with links for instant voting)
- Info messages float on top of the screen even when page is scrolled down.
- Enhanced Item Custom fields:
- Widget to compare custom fields between multiple Posts/Items. Can be used with
disp=compareor with fixed content in other places
- Custom fields can be marked public or private (in the latter case, they only appear in the backoffice / during edit)
- Number fields can now have a format to display them properly. E-g: format
$ 0 0.00 USDrenders as
$ 12 345.67 USD
- Parent post of a child post/Item is now clearly displayed in the backoffice
- Custom fields with identical names now auto-replicate from parent to children, recursively.
- Feature to delete old backups directly from the backoffice.
- Autoupgrade now shows already downloaded ZIP files. It is now possible to launch the autoupgrade using one of those files without fist trying to download again.
- Feature to mass-delete spammers (after applying a filter to the user list)
- Enhanced filters on the list of Users
- It is now possible to configure which filters are available in the front office on
- UI enhancements
- Bug fixes.
“recommended for all users” or for “members”
is there also a manual update, because most of the enhancements in 6.10.3 are cryptic to me? So I hope this is not only for developers, but also for normal users.
May be a quick and dirty tutorial with showcases may be helpful, in case updating the manual (which is not up to date in many ways) is to labor-intensive.
@saunders Please look at “Post with custom fields” and “Child post” in a fresh install or on the demo server http://demo.b2evolution.net .