This is a stable version of b2evolution 6.9.x, recommended for all users.
This release includes many new features over the previous releases.
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
All the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
In addition to features of 6.9.2-beta:
- Enhanced search results scoring.
- Removed "User:" field from comment forms for logged-in users.
- Users will no longer be able to report other users having a user level higher than their own.
- Forum management features:
- Ability to merge or append a forum topic with/to another.
- Allow refreshing the "Content last updated" timestamp for posts. Useful after deleting spam, so that old posts (that got spammed) don't appear as new.
- Vastly enhanced Short Links Plugin / Quick Links Plugin.
- GeoIP Plugin can now be called from the Users List screen and also allows to assign a profile country to accounts that don't have one (based on registration country).
- New per-collection size settings in video player plugins: Flowplayer Plugin (Video), HTML 5 MediaElement.js Video and Audio Player, HTML 5 VideoJS Player
- New per-collection size settings in Video Plug plugin
- Support for facebook videos in Video Plug plugin
- Improved display of widgets handled by plugins (back-office)
- Extended Facebook Widget Plugin.
- The installer will now create sample private messages by default in order for new users to more easily see how this feature works.
- New custom fields predefined for: Soundcloud, Yelp, Paypal, 500px, Amazon, Instagram, Vimeo.
- Technical stuff:
- Added browser hints to better handle input field on touch devices.
$reserved_loginsconfiguration variable to prevent users from using reserved word such as admin, webmaster, etc.
*.main.phpfiles supported in custom skins.
- The XHTML validator will now accept
data-*="..."tags in post content.
- Updated the FineUploader script which now has client-side validation of supported file types and file size.
- Improved WordPress import
- Bug Fixes.