Released on May 30th, 2018.
This is a stable version of b2evolution 6.10.x, recommended for all users.
Also available on GitHub.
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
All the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
Please note the minimum PHP version is now PHP 5.4.
If your b2evo handles a single domain, it is recommended to set an "Info Pages" collection in the Default Collections settings before upgrade, in order to avoid creation of multiple content blocks for (login required, access denied, privacy, etc) during upgrade.
In addition to features of 6.10.0-beta:
- Minimum required PHP version: 5.4
- Added various privacy features (working towards automating GDPR requirements). Will continue in subsequent versions.
- The help page now includes a content block that can summarize key privacy operations likes how to review, change or delete account info.
- More aggressive pruning of old session data.
- Notification after one year of account inactivity.
- Notification emails that used to include an IP address now include a session ID.
- Registration page:
- Added content block allowing to explain how personal data will be used.
- Complete client side validation of registration form to avoid user frustration.
- Visitors who comment can now check a box in the Comment Form to get notifications if someone else replies (comments on the same post)
- Each notification email includes a quick unsubscribe link.
- logged-in users can also check a box, which produced the same effect as subscribing to comments of a specific post.
- Enhanced polls: allow multiple answers, see answers from users...
- Various UI improvements including:
- Enhanced UI for Item Status Form
- Optimizations for small screens
- Optimized sending of emails by SMTP by opening a single connection to the server when multiple emails need to be sent in a row.
- Better detection of timeouts in scheduled jobs and added back-office settings for several jobs.
- Better handling of widgets dependent on missing plugins.
- Performance enhancements
- Bug fixes