User Groups Tab
User Groups provide an easy and powerful way for you to control who has permission to do what.
In many cases the default groups will be all you need. But you can edit the groups and create new ones to have even more control over who is allowed to do what.
- This panel allows to set general settings for the User Group. Group Name In b2evolution v6.6.4, the default groups are set up as follows: 1 Administrators 2 Moderators 3 Editors 4 Normal Users 5 Misbehaving/Suspect Users 6 Spammers/Restricted Users…
- This allows to set whether or not users see the evoBar at the top of their screen when they are logged-in, and furthermore, whether or not they can access the Back Office (which is generally access through the evoBar). Restricted Back-Office access…
- This section allows you to choose which blogging permissions are available to the user.
- Here you can choose whether a user has access to blog stats and messaging. You can also edit their ability to view, edit and upload files, as well as the maximum number of threads they can start.
- General file access Are group members allowed to view the File Manager and use file attachment son posts? No access Different perm levels depending on Allowed File Roots. See below as well as List Of Permissions. Edit unlocked files in all File Roots.…
- This section controls access to various Back Office options, including Users & Groups, settings, email management and skin files.
- This section allows you to choose the type of notification received: full or short text.