This is where you define the timeouts related to user sessions.
- The default session timeout can be set under the Users > User settings > Profiles tab, but each user may set his own session timeout value under the User Preferences tab.
- When a session is not used for the duration of the session timeout, the session is considered as timed out, and the user will have to log in again.
- A session can be automatically pruned from the sessions table only if is considered as timed out. To know more about automated sessions pruning job, please read this: Prune old hits & sessions (includes OPTIMIZE)
IMPORTANT: do NOT set this delay to any longer than you need or your sessions table will grow very large (because sessions will take longer to time-out). Remember that every crawler/bot that hits your site creates a new session. You want those to time out as quickly as possible.
NOTE: if a user sets a custom duration that is longer than the default, his session may be pruned before the end of it (depending on the pruning delay – see: Hit Logging settings ).
- This is used by the "Online users" widget
- The Online/Offline Timeout value can be set under the Users > User settings > Profiles tab
- A user lastseen_ts value will be saved only once in each timeout period, and a user will be offline after (2 * Online/Offline timeout) time period has passed without any activation.
Created by • Last edit by on Sep 20, 2015
No feedback yet
Form is loading...