User Registration and Login Settings
This tab contains user registration and login settings that affect the following:
- methods on how users can register for an account in the site
- required information for registering
- available methods for activating new user accounts
- default settings for newly created user accounts
- minimum security requirements for passwords and for logging into the site
This panel is where you define if users can register an account for themselves, and if so, what their default permissions will be – in other words: what User Group they will belong to.
When a new user account is created, it will be pre-configured with these settings. These are just defaults settings for a newly created user account. The user can later change these settings in their profile’s Notifications Tab and Preferences Tab.
The section allows you to choose whether or not new users are required to provide their country, first name, language, and gender when they register. [image:1300:] After a new user registers, you can choose to send them back to the page they were ori…
This panel controls the activation process for newly created user accounts.
In this panel, you can modify the required password length, enable strict logins, and choose whether or not special characters are required for the user generated passwords.