User Registration and Login Settings
This tab contains user registration and login settings that affect the following:
- methods on how users can register for an account in the site
- required information for registering
- available methods for activating new user accounts
- default settings for newly created user accounts
- minimum security requirements for passwords and for logging into the site
- This panel is where you define if users can register an account for themselves, and if so, what their default permissions will be – in other words: what User Group they will belong to.
- When a new user account is created, it will be pre-configured with these settings. These are just defaults settings for a newly created user account. The user can later change these settings in their profile’s Notifications Tab and Preferences Tab.
- The section allows you to choose whether or not new users are required to provide their country, first name, language, and gender when they register. [image:1300:] After a new user registers, you can choose to send them back to the page they were ori…
- This panel controls the activation process for newly created user accounts.
- In this panel, you can modify the required password length, enable strict logins, and choose whether or not special characters are required for the user generated passwords.