Overview of the Software
b2evolution is a Complete solution for running Content + Community websites. We call it a C3MS (Complete Content + Community Management System).
b2evolution allows you to run a website – internet, intranet or extranet – which can combine any of the following features:
- Hot content (news, blogs) + ability to vote & comment;
- Reference content (online manuals, FAQs, books) + ability to vote & comment;
- Isolated pages of content + ability to vote & comment;
- Photo galleries & albums + ability to vote & comment;
- Discussion forums, including tracking of read/unread topics + votes on answers;
- Custom types of content with custom post types;
- A user directory, with grouping by organizations;
- Private messaging between users;
- Email campaigns / newsletters for members.
You can run as many or as little of the above as you want and you can add more at any time.
You can run these as sections of a single website, as subdomains, as independent domains or a combination of all these. See also: multi-blog scenarios.
All the features above are integrated into a single piece of software to install!
This means: you have a single user database (no sync issues), a single maintenance / upgrade requirement and no obligation to wander into "plugin hell" – as admins of other systems describe the problem of maintaining a system composed of dozens of independent pieces evolving each at their own pace…
In order for the whole system to function well and efficiently, b2evolution further includes the following support features:
- A complete and integrated back-office for managing:
- Advanced permission management
- Email notifications to alert users about new contents to read or to moderate
- Return email processing (to detect emails that could not be delivered) – Learn more: Return-Path Processing Overview.
- Security features
- Antispam features
- SEO settings
- Server-Side Analytics (SSA), including Goal Tracking
Tech / Dev features
- Multiple cache levels for performance
- Skin system & API
- Plugin system & API
- RSS/Atom Feeds
- XML Sitemaps
Rarely used but worth mentioning for those who need them:
- Post by email.
Created by • Last edit by on Sep 05, 2016
Form is loading...