Released on March 26th, 2014.
Non-exhaustive list of changes:
The list below may not be complete and is still being updated as beta testing is in progress.
- New Site Structure settings with site-wide header & footer support
- Photo publishing:
- New Photo Gallery Anatomy
- Enhanced Photo Blog skin
- Enhanced feature: Creating Posts from Files
- Floating images. Inline images might be included in the posts with float property.
- Cleaned up Forums skin.
- Complete email campaign management interface.
- Comment ratings are now included in comment notification emails.
- Added Markdown formatting.
- Email notifications to user moderators when someone makes significant changes to their profile
- User moderators can delete all data created by a spammer user
- Control whether users can see users of other countries (user group setting)
- Control whether users can contact users of other countries (user group setting)
- Enhanced Referring domains management
- New Top IPs Tab shows the most active IP addresses which helps to zero in on spammer IPs.
- It’s now possible to determine which visibility statuses are shown in the front-office for posts and comments. This is especially useful for draft items which make sense to be shown to their author in the forums but not necessarily in blogs for example.
- Support for Goal Categories
- Redesigned login / register / lost password screens based on bootstrap. (more use of bootstrap to come in next release).
- Simplified upload: files can now be dragged & dropped directly onto the main browser window. Removed some clutter.
- Enhanced Workflow features.
- Removed WordPress DB importer. The XML importer should cover all cases.
- Additional help links to documentation
- Additional ways to access the Item Revision History
- Page manual link. A global help icon that links to the online manual and is shown in all the views of the back-office.
- Thumbnail / resized images are now interlaced (with http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imageinterlace.php)
- Removed view counting feature which was a performance hog (especially smart view counting)
- Installer tool to convert your database to UTF-8.
- Developer tools:
- Option to Show/Hide containers from the Blog Menu when debugging is turned on.
- The b2evolution slug resolver now accepts multiple junk chars at the end of the URLs (typically things like "> or ); at the end of URLs generated by scrapers or poorly coded/maintained sites).
- Fixed block cache conflicts in case of multiple b2evo instances on the same server (remember to change $instance-name in _advanced.php)
- Ability to disable some statuses in the front office. Useful for displaying drafts in the forums but not in normal blogs for example.
Comment from: achillis Member
Comment from: fplanque Member
@achillis sorry for what looks like a false promise. It is very hard to predict the exact version number of a release in advance.
What you are waiting for is this feature:
This feature is in our i7 branch and the latest beta release comes from our i6 branch.
I am going to see how fast we can merge this down to i6, i-e the next 5.1 release.
Thank you for reporting this.
Comment from: dh.com Member
BRAVO!!! Good job @fplanque and b2evo team!!!!
I am also awaiting the release of collection features and the media management found on this forum thread.
Hopefully, the integration of those new features will be available soon!!!
Comment from: adi_kwok Member
Release date is 26 march 2014 ?
Please make lightning fast speed in gprs connection, including for admin in mobile theme
Comment from: achillis Member
@fplanque thanks for explaining, I thought it might be something like that. Looking forward to that feature. B2evolution is going places, thanks for the team in their hard work getting it there.
Hi. Good work. Just a question, there were “promises” that 5.1 will also include the feature to make the home page display a selected page ($disp = page) instead of the normal posts display and allow the normal posts to be called from an alternative page, I don’t see this in the feature list?