Run b2evolution On My Home Computer
Running b2evolution on a local server (your own computer) is often desirable for testing, editing skins, running the CVS (latest development) version, or for a variety of other reasons. ‘’This is not a way to update or add posts to your internet blog while you are offline and then try to upload them to your website later.'’
To setup a local copy of b2evo you need the following minimum software requirements installed and running on your computer:
- Webserver software (Apache is recommended).
- PHP version 4.1 or higher (PHP 5 fully supported from version 1.6 "Phoenix").
- MySQL version 3.23 or higher (MySQL 4.x and InnoDB fully supported from b2evo version 1.6 "Phoenix").
Setting up your hosting environment is the most challenging part of this process. You can search the internet for some pre-bundled packages which can make it a lot easier to install the software you need (e.g. Wamp or xampp).
- After your hosting environment is up and running, create an empty MySQL database for b2evolution to use.
- Put the b2evolution program files into your webserver’s web directory. (In your browser this directory shows up as
http://localhost/. On your hardrive it may be something like /htdocs or /www.)
- From your browser go to the /install directory for b2evolution. For example
- Run the installer just like you would for any new installation.
That should do it! Now anytime you want to access your local copy of b2evolution you can start Apache and MySQL and type your localhost address into your browser.
Created by • Last edit by on Sep 05, 2016
No feedback yet
Form is loading...