To celebrate the launch of the b2evolution evoSkins site as well as the highly stable 0.9.0.x "Europe Series" versions of b2evo, a competition has been launched today to find the best evoSkins. The three best evoSkin designers will win , and respectively. The top entries may be included in future releases of b2evolution.
Additionnaly, we are running a competition for alternative back-office (admin interface) styles. The best admin style designer will win .
Prizes are merely symbolic. Remember b2evolution is non commercial software. Though, anyone is welcome to make a donation to increase the prizes! ;)
How to enter
Any evoSkins and admin styles that are submitted from today will be assumed to be entries for the competition, unless there is a note added stating otherwise, or any of the general rules is not met.
- Each designer may submit as many skins and/or admin styles as they wish, but can only win a prize once. If a designer submits many skins/styles that look very similar, the b2evo dev team may decide to only enter the best one into the competition.
- Skins and styles must be new and original. They must not be derived from another existing design, tool or website. You can submit derived work to the skin site but it won't be included in the competetion. Also, please do always refer to the original author(s) in your derived work.
- Designers must release their work under the GNU General Public License.
- Designers must ensure they only include freely distributable graphic elements in their skin/style.
- The skins/styles must be compatible with b2evolution version 0.9.0.10 or above.
- The evoSkin competition will run until 20 different designers have submitted evoSkins meeting the rules.
- The admin style competition will run until 7 different designers have submitted styles meetings the rules.
- The election of the best skins / styles will be made by the b2evo team. A selection of long time and active forum users who have not submitted a design in the competation will also be invited to participate in the jury.
- b2evolution contributors are welcome to submit evoSkins and/or styles for this competition, but they will not be eligible for any prizes.
- Designers should make sure their skin/style contains accurate contact information in order to receive their prize. Prizes that are unclaimed after 28 days of the end of the competition will be dontated to the b2evolution project.
- The prizes will be paid by PayPal only. Currency exchange rates may apply if you do not wish to receive a payment in Euro (€).
The competition may be closed at any time as deemed appropriate by the development team. Any and all decisions are final. These rules may be ammended at any time, with or without any prior notice. For the latest copy of these rules, please see this page: http://b2evolution.net/news/2004/07/16/evoskins_competition . While every effort has been made to insure that all information on this page is accurate, the development team nor anyone associated with b2evolution can be held responsible for any errors that may be included. Remember, no one is making money off of this software, so you shouldn't make any money off of us if a typo makes it through! ;)
- l33t_gray by Tara Chen
- Pop by Piechdibi
- London by Graham (Prize given to WWF)
No admin skin has been submitted.
The competition is now closed.