b2evolution version 3.3.0-rc1 has been released!
This is basically the stable version everyone has been waiting for, except we called it "rc1" instead of "stable". RC means Release Candidate. We called it rc1 because we are still finding and fixing little bugs every day. These are not major issues and we run 3.3.0-rc1 ourselves on dozens of production servers already. However, we thought we should play it safe and give it an extra week or two to iron out little quirks before this new release gets wide distribution.
"When will 3.3.0-stable be officially announced?"
I hope you can guess the answer from the paragraph above: when we're done with the little bugs.
"Yes, but give us a date?"
Here's a date:
7/31 . (No, it's not a guarantee.)
Changes in 3.3.0-rc1
- Skins can now have skin-specific translations ("locales" folder in the skin's folder, directory structure is the same as for plugin translations). (tblue246)
- All skins now support setting RSS feeds to 'none' (leeturner2701)
- <meta> desc and <meta> keywords per blog post (leeturner2701)
- Category descriptions can be used as meta description on category pages (walter)
- B2evolution no longer ships with _basic_config.php . It ships with _basic_config.template.php instead. That way, uploading a new release never overwrites the previous base config. The installer now creates _basic_config.php based on _basic_config.template.php + entered form values. (fplanque)
- Language/locale selection moved to a place where it's visible! (fplanque)
- Only one locale is now activated by default (the one selected during install). (fplanque)
- Simplified main screen (fplanque).
- Twitter plugin no longer requires curl (yabs)
- New plugin hook: BeforeSessionsDelete (yabs, blueyed)
- i18n/charset handling improvements (sam2kb)
- Bug fixes! (blueyed, tblue246, sam2kb, yabs, leeturner2701, fplanque)