b2evolution 3.3.2-stable released
b2evolution version 3.3.2-stable "Venice" has been released.
Version 3.3.2 builds upon version 3.3.1 and merely provides bug fixes. 3 months worth of bugfixes! Most of them have been backported by Tilman from the work we started this summer on b2evolution version IV (not to be released before several months).
We recommend version 3.3.2 to all users at this point. Upgrading from version 3.3.1 is only a matter of replacing a few files.
Upgrades from previous versions will require to follow the standard upgrade procedure (takes about 5 minutes if you have no hacks). Skins are compatible since b2evolution 2.x.
Major changes in 3.3.2
- Many bug fixes (@tblue / @francoisplanque)
- Improved Auto Links plugin (@francoisplanque)
- Fixed bug allowing multiple plugins to have per-blog specific settings (@francoisplanque)
- Check whether user is allowed to edit post when updating it (saving to DB) (@tblue)
- Added missing permission checks (@tblue)
- Improved metaWeblog.newMediaObject (@tblue)
- Fixed API method signatures (return values) (@tblue)
- Use correct charsets. (@tblue)
- Check extra categories before checking permissions to post to them (sends correct XML-RPC error on failure). (@tblue)
Note: if you are using the 3.3.1-to-3.3.2 zip file, you do *NOT* need to run the installer.
Just ignore the install folder (delete it).
If you are upgrading from a vesion below 3.3.0, then you DO need the FULL installer from the FULL ZIP distribution file.
Comment from: Roald Bentzen Visitor
My homepage provider offers me MySQL server v. 4.0.12-log, and won’t install the blog v 3.3.2.
What is the latest version of your blog program that works with the MySQL server that I have?
The sql-server will upgrade later on but I like to get started with my blog. I understand that your new version 3.3.2 can upgrade an older version.
b2evolution 2.4.7 runs on MySQL 3.23 or later.
b2evolution 3.x runs on MySQL 4.1 or later.
These are the upgrades i like ;-)
Upgraded from 3.3.1 in a whisk to 3.3.2.
Comment from: Peter Visitor
In this new version of b2evo, is it addressed the (ridiculous) problem with
& new in php 5.3.0?
Everyone please stop posting support requests here. Please use the forums for support.
Common upgrade mistakes & problems:
- If you upgrade from 3.3.x, you do NOT need to run a DB update.
- If you get big fat ugly PHP errors that you don’t see on the demo site, something went wrong with your FTP upload. Check for 0 byte long files on your server. Upload again.
Updated from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2 in about 30 seconds, great job as usual! :-)
(Thanks for the improved “Auto Links” plugin, but it should be perfect if it check also the links into the comments)