b2evolution version 3.3.0-rc1 has been released!
This is basically the stable version everyone has been waiting for, except we called it "rc1" instead of "stable". RC means Release Candidate. We called it rc1 because we are still finding and fixing little bugs every day. These are not major issues and we run 3.3.0-rc1 ourselves on dozens of production servers already. However, we thought we should play it safe and give it an extra week or two to iron out little quirks before this new release gets wide distribution.
"When will 3.3.0-stable be officially announced?"
I hope you can guess the answer from the paragraph above: when we're done with the little bugs.
"Yes, but give us a date?"
Here's a date:
7/31 . (No, it's not a guarantee.)
Changes in 3.3.0-rc1
- Skins can now have skin-specific translations ("locales" folder in the skin's folder, directory structure is the same as for plugin translations). (tblue246)
- All skins now support setting RSS feeds to 'none' (leeturner2701)
- <meta> desc and <meta> keywords per blog post (leeturner2701)
- Category descriptions can be used as meta description on category pages (walter)
- Remember whether or not the TinyMCE editor was last used on a per post and per blog basis. (fplanque)
- Prevent clicking on "Publish NOW!' when a post is set to protected or private (tblue246)
- B2evolution no longer ships with _basic_config.php . It ships with _basic_config.template.php instead. That way, uploading a new release never overwrites the previous base config. The installer now creates _basic_config.php based on _basic_config.template.php + entered form values. (fplanque)
- Language/locale selection moved to a place where it's visible! (fplanque)
- Only one locale is now activated by default (the one selected during install). (fplanque)
- Simplified main screen (fplanque).
- Twitter plugin no longer requires curl (yabs)
- New plugin hook: BeforeSessionsDelete (yabs, blueyed)
- i18n/charset handling improvements (sam2kb)
- Bug fixes! (blueyed, tblue246, sam2kb, yabs, leeturner2701, fplanque)
Getting better all the time!
Will the uprgrade from 2.x be available in CPanel / Fantastico? Can not wait to install this :)
Yes, so far Fantastico has always supported upgrades.
Great Work, thanks.
Thanks for the SEO-Options ;-)
Comment from: michal Visitor
Im sorry but I cant test it now. Is utf8 in this release?
utf8 has been in every release for at least 2 years now.
3.3.0 rocks! I’ve been using B2 Evolution blogs for about two years now. They have proven to be of great value in SEO for many of my clients…this upgrade has some very powerful new SEO tools. I can’t wait to see if I can beat my record of 7 minutes from posting to number one position in Google for a fairly competitive keyword phrase.
Good work guys. Very excited to see what the next version will bring :)
Mike- give me some more details about your SEO success and I’ll write up a case study for b2evo, showing your quantifiable results
Comment from: Derek Visitor
Since when did the multiblogs.php stop working?(It works on 2.4.x) however, summary.php still works.
Comment from: Derek Visitor
On a test setup of xampp on Windows, multiblogs.php and multi-page entries do not work by default. After switching to the query(Use params) URLs, multiblogs and multipage posts works.
And .htaccess was in place.
On the test server, multipage posts work, but multiblogs.php does not.
Just did the update to 3.3rc1 and everything works fine!
Uh… multiblog navigation with crossposting is still flawed. But a very good release anyway!
Comment from: krao Visitor
I would like to know if the multilingual feature have been modify ?
I on’t fine a real multilingual Blog engine. 1 post for multiple translation, flag to switch and parameter in user profil or something like that.
Derek, these issues have been fixed in version 3.3.1 :)