b2evolution 1.10 "Miami" has been released.
You can download it here.
This is a beta version but as it is built on top of the super stable version 1.9.3, we're pretty confident that it is stable already. However there have been enough antispam core changes to warrant this a beta label just in case some side-effects would appear.
This version contains features we could easily release without waiting for 2.0. So why wait?
There are 3 main improvements in this version:
- It blocks even more spam than before! You should probably upgrade for that alone!
- It looks better, especially with the new Miami Blue skin.
- It adds new features by way of new bundled plugins, especially: YouTube videos, code highlighting and XML sitemaps.
As always, we included as many little bug fixes as possible.
Upgrading will be fairly easy as the skins from version 1.9 will work on version 1.10 also. And the skins from version 1.8 will require only minor adjustments, if they need some at all.
There is no diff file. We only do diffs for minor upgrades. This one requires to follow the normal upgrade procedure outlined in index.php inside of the ZIP file.
Longer list of changes:
- Antispam filtering on private/email messages.
- Improved spam defeating methods.
- "Contact the admin" link on all skins.
- New bundled plugins :
- Added Sitemaps plugin(blueyed, fplanque)
- Added Code highlight plugin (yabba, fplanque)
- Added Video plug plgin (fplanque)
- Updated Quicktags plugin (fplanque)
- New bundled skins :
- Bug fixes :
- Fixed logging of refering spam (when spam refs are not blocked)
- Fixed group permissions
- Fixed "Undeclared entity error" with the htmlchecker, e.g. if " " got used. (blueyed)
- Locales have been standardize to ISO-3166
- Additional bug fixes.
- Developer stuff:
- Standardized Meta robots handling with robots_tag(); set $robots_index and $robots_follow to NULL if you want to completely with a plugin. Set them to true within a plugin to have them handled by the core.
- Added hooks: FilterItemContents, UnfilterItemContents (fplanque)
- Improved hooks: LoginAttempt, MessageFormSent. (blueyed)