The Site dashboard gives you an overview of your whole website, including a list of all collections on this b2evo installation, general system metrics and important updates from b2evolution.net .
This section displays some information about each collection:
- ID: is the internal code used by b2evolution to identify the collection in the database and in a few places of the front and back-office to perform some specific actions.
- Fav:: If starred, the collection appears as a favorite in the collection selector at the top of the backoffice screens that deal with collections.
- Name: the name of this collections. This is how the collection is known in the admin interface. It is commonly displayed on selectors, plugins, widgets, etc. It could be assumed as a human-readable ID.
- Full Name: it is often used as the name of the site in the front-office.
- Owner: the user that owns the collection. Owners usually has special capabilities on their collections, no matter their profile or the group which they belong to.
- Blog URL: the URL of each collection. Remember that they may be even in different domains.
- Locale: each collection could be displayed in a different language/locale according how they have been defined.
- Listed: shows who will see this collection in the list of collections in the FrontOffice .
- Order: In general, the collections are ordered according these values. It is used in all those places where the collections are listed, i.e.: Public collections list widget
- Caching: Hover over the icons to get a tooltip about what they mean.
- The first allows to toggle the PageCache on/off.
- The second allows to toggle the BlockCache on/off.
- Edit properties... will lead you to the General Parameters edition form of this collection.
- Delete... WARNING: After you validate this, it will delete EVERYTHING in the collection. This cannot be reversed.
New Collection button
Creating a new collection/blog is a three steps process:
- 1. Selecting a type for the new collection
- 2. Picking a skin for your collection
- 3. Specifying the New Collection Settings
This gives you an overview of how much data is in your database, all collections aggregated.
The circles will appear full when the counts reach 100.000. This does not mean that b2evolution is limited at 100.000. It merely means that you should consider using a dedicated server when you reach this point.
Updates from b2evolution.net
This will tell you when there is a new version of b2evolution available and when you should upgrade.
This will alert you in red when there are critical security updates.
Created by • Last edit by on Jan 08, 2016