The Site dashboard gives you an overview of your whole website, including a list of all collections on this b2evo installation, models that can be used as template to start your own collections, general system metrics and important updates from b2evolution.net .
List of Collections configured on this system
This section displays some information about each installed and configured collection:
- ID: This is the internal code used by b2evolution to identify the collection in the database and in a few places of the front and back-office to perform some specific actions.
- Fav:: If starred, the collection appears as a favorite in the collection selector at the top of the backoffice screens that deal with collections.
- Image: Displays a thumbnail of the collection logo/image.
- Name: The name of the collection. This is how the collection is known in the admin interface. It is commonly displayed on selectors, plugins, widgets, etc. It could be assumed as a human-readable ID.
- Type: Indicates the collection type.
- Full Name: This is often used as the name of the site in the front-office.
- Owner: The user that owns the collection. Owners usually has special capabilities on their collections, no matter their profile or the group which they belong to.
- Blog URL: The URL of each collection. Remember that they may be even in different domains.
- Locale: Each collection could be displayed in a different language/locale according to how they have been defined.
- Listed: Indicates if the collection will appear in the list of collections in the FrontOffice .
- Order: In general, the collections are shown in this order and are used in all those places where the collections are listed, i.e.: Public Collections List Widget
- Caching: Hover over the icons to get a tooltip about what they mean.
- The first icon indicates the status of the PageCache and also acts as a toggle to turn on/off the PageCache for the collection.
- The second icon indicates the status of the BlockCache and also acts as a toggle to turn on/off the BlockCache for the collection.
- View button will open the FrontOffice view of the collection.
- Manage button will open the BackOffice view of the collection.
- Duplicate this collection... Clicking on the icon will duplicate the collection.
- Delete this collection... WARNING: After you validate this, it will delete EVERYTHING in the collection. This cannot be reversed.
New Collection button
You can add a new collection to your site by clicking the New Collection... button found in the upper-right hand corner of the list of collections. Creating a new collection/blog is a three steps process:
- 1. Selecting a type for the new collection
- 2. Picking a skin for your collection
- 3. Specifying the New Collection Settings
This gives you an overview of how much data is in your database, all collections aggregated.
The circles will appear full when the counts reach 100.000. This does not mean that b2evolution is limited at 100.000. It merely means that you should consider using a dedicated server when you reach this point.
Updates from b2evolution.net
This will tell you if there is a new version of b2evolution available to download and it will also recommend if you should upgrade your current installation.
The alert will be displayed in red when there are critical security updates available.
Created by • Last edit by on Jan 23, 2019