We are pleased to announce immediate availablity of b2evolution 1.8.1 "Milestone".
This is a Release Candidate. This means that it is ready for production and basically the only thing missing is translations/localizations into more languages (English, French & German included).
Translators, now would be a good time to update translations.
- What are the available translations?
- How to create a new translation?
- How to update an existing translation?
Also, we are looking for someone to manage a central repository of translations/localizations/language packs (or whatever you want to call it). The idea would be to have something like locales.b2evolution.net linked into here.
Of course we would prefer someone who is doing localization himself, who has some minimal clue about UTF-8 and various charsets, who isn't afraid of uploading translations into CVS and who is willing to spend some time communicating with the translators (who will send you random .po files without any identification if you don't ask!) :P
Okay, that's already a lot! You could also host the site, but we'll handle that part if you don't want to :)
- Members of the admin user group (not just user #1) can easily validate their account with 1 click (blueyed)
- More improvements to account validation through email (blueyed)
- Fixed static page generation (fplanque)
- Fixed feed stubs, especially for blogs that allow skin switching
- Fixed "Ban" URLs on the stats pages
- Fixed output for windows-1251/cp1251 (cyrillic) charset (blueyed)
- Reintroduced the previous ru-RU locale next to the new ru-RU-cp1251
- Fixed display by date mode (fplanque)
- Fixed next/previous post links
- Moved credits to the real bottom of the skins
- API: Added Plugin::get_plugin_url() method
- Added events: AfterUserInsert, AfterUserUpdate, AfterUserDelete
- Fixed the Auto-P plugin again (blueyed)
- LDAP plugin: Fixed creating new usergroups based on template group (blueyed)