Released on November 17th, 2015.
This is a stable release and is recommended for all users.
This release includes fixes for all bugs that have been reported on version 6.6.5 so far.
Also available on GitHub.
b2evolution installed & hosted in minutes
By choosing A2 Hosting you benefit from free installation & configuration of b2evolution on your account upon signup.
Do it yourself!
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
If you're running version 5.1.0 or later, feel free to use the Auto-Upgrade Procedure for a quick and automated upgrade.
In any case, all the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
- If you have been using previous v6 beta versions, you should delete the
boostrap_*skin folders before installing this version. Otherwise you will have old files interfering with the new ones.
- Many root files are no longer needed in this version and should ideally be deleted from your web server.
- You should use the provided tool to convert your database to UTF-8. Please check Upgrade to b2evolution version 6.x for instructions.
In addition to features of version 6.6.5-stable:
- Improved search engine including:
- Ability to find posts based on their tags
- Better scoring algorithm
- Front-end configuration enhancements:
- Refactoring and extension of some user/group permissions
- Parent/Child posts added to the demo contents (See the example "Child post" on a fresh install.) (More features to come)
- Config switch to not display a warning on old version of IE:
$check_browser_version = false;
- New collections are now created with proper default posts types enabled.
- Many small UI improvements.
- Many small bug fixes.
- Enhanced upgrade procedure, including more error checks to cope with old DBs in bad shape.