Released on July 16th, 2015.
This is a stable release and is recommended for all users.
Also available on GitHub.
b2evolution installed & hosted in minutes
By choosing A2 Hosting you benefit from free installation & configuration of b2evolution on your account upon signup.
Do it yourself!
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
In any case, all the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
- If you have been using previous v6 beta versions, you should delete the
boostrap_*skin folders before installing this version. Otherwise you will have old files interfering with the new ones.
- Many root files are no longer needed in this version and should ideally be deleted from your web server.
- You should use the provided tool to convert your database to UTF-8. Please check Upgrade to b2evolution version 6.x for instructions.
In addition to what's been introduced in 6.5.0-stable:
- Allow moving widgets to empty containers.
- Allow redirecting to a specific page after user login.
- Extended Post Types:
- Added per-type permission management;
- Possibility to enable/disable each type for each collection, in order to avoid clutter.
- Improved User Avatars widget.
- Skins API cleanup (no more "fake" fallback .main templates)
- Improved Bootstrap Gallery skin
- Added Menu container to Main skin
- Ability to decide which containers are shown/hidden in case login is required before accessing collection contents
- Better defaults/sample contents at install.
- Better profile picture crop tool.
- UI cleanup.
- Post edit screen allows to show or hide the quick "Publish!" button.
- If a default messaging collection is set up, it will automatically be used for private message notification emails.
- Bug fixes, including:
- Fixed PHP version compatibility issues.
- Fixed deleting users.
- New automation features in the installer (allows to more easily auto-install b2evolution on hosting platforms)
- New installs now allow to register by default (many people did not understand why they had to enable this manually)
- Blog A is now a classic blog and Blog B a more advanced setup.
Comment from: Member
it seems like multi domains are not working corectly!
“Eine Umleitung auf eine externe URL wurde aus Sicherheitsgründen blockiert.”
do I need to fix that wit .htaccess ??
Comment from: Member
You just need to change the security policy of `$allow_redirects_to_different_domain` in the [[advanced-php]] config file.