THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY OUTDATED
This page gives some hints about the local setup of b2evo to developers who want to contribute.
This is my setup (blueyed):
- Checkout a working copy of b2evo from CVS
- Have a test directory (copied from the CVS directory initially - leave the CVS directories out to not accidentially commit from there)
- Setup your setup comparison tool (e.g. Beyond Compare) to be able to merge/compare the test and cvs directories
- Setup your test directory in your webserver (e.g. as
- Use the /conf/_config_TEST.php and /conf/_overrides_TEST.php files to override the default settings, especially the ones from _basic_config.php - this way the original files are kept intact
- Develop on the test installation
- If you have a new feature or bugfix ready for comitting, merge it over to your cvs directory and commit it from there
Note: in case that you need to control the password automatically assigned to the admin (and to the rest of the sample users) at the end of the installation process, you may set the variable
$install_password = 'Y0ur super-strong Password h3re!'; in any of these files: /conf/_basic_config.template.php, /conf/_config_TEST.php, /conf/_overrides_TEST.php. The last two files should be created if they don’t exist due to they are not included in standard releases.
- Also setup the cvs directory in your webserver, so you can be able to check if a more complex feature is the cause for some failure, or if it is broken in cvs also
- Setup extra test/cvs directories for various branches you want to use (I have b2dev18.local/b2cvs18.local and b2dev19.local/b2cvs19.local here therefor). ‘’Always try developing for HEAD and merge it to the branches'’
b2evo has some unit testing in the /tests directory. You’ll have to install/download simpletest (see /tests/simpletest/README.b2evo) and edit the config file(s) /tests/config.php and /tests/config.simpletest.php (its here also possible to not touch the original config files, but to use config.OVERRIDE.php and config.simpletest.OVERRIDE.php).
You can the call the tests in your browser:
http://b2dev.local/_tests/ for all tests (except install ones) and
http://b2dev.local/_tests/install/ for the installation ones (where you need to configure a test DB before)
Created by • Last edit by on Aug 04, 2016
No feedback yet
Form is loading...