Pro WordPress Theme Conversion
The quick tips on Converting WordPress Themes can be used to get a quick working prototype in b2evolution.
However, for professional skins converted from WordPress themes, you will also want to look at the following:
- Use the "evopress" skin in b2evolution as a reference point. Use the default theme ("kubrick") in WordPress as a reference point if needed. It is the same design in b2evolution and WordPress, it can show you how to achieve the same things in both environments.
- Do not use the quick solutions from _wp_compatibility.inc.php ; use the real b2evolution skin tag equivalents. Furthermore, make sure you add the standard comments around those skin tags. Example:
- Make sure you include all the default widget containers, especially:
- Sidebar 2 if you use 2 or more sidebars
- Sidebar 3 if you use 2 or more sidebars
- If you use typical sidebar content above or below the main content, please call those containers "Sidebar", "Sidebar 2", etc. so that they include the default widgets by default.
- Make sure you include the evo toolbar at the top. This should automatically be included when you include
- Make sure the evo toolbar looks exactly the same as in the evopress skin (size, color, fonts, etc.)
- Do not apply any styles globally, nor apply them to body or html. Those will affect the toolbar and you don’t want that.
- Do not apply any background image to body. Apply it to div.skin_wrapper_loggedin and div.skin_wrapper_anonymous instead. Otherwise, part of your background may be hidden by the toolbar when the user is logged in. (You can also use those 2 classes to have different spacing at the top of the design depending on whether there is a toolbar displayed – aka logged in – or not.)
- Test the skin at least with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- If you ad a search form outside of a widget container, use the following:
- Make sure you test the skin in logged-in mode and that edit links are displayed correctly:
- Posts should have Edit links
- Comments should have Edit and Delete links
- In order to display comments differently when they are posted by the author of the original post, use this
Created by • Last edit by on Nov 01, 2019