Released on June 24th, 2015.
This is the official b2evolution version 6 stable release and is recommended for all users.
Also available on GitHub.
b2evolution installed & hosted in minutes
By choosing A2 Hosting you benefit from free installation & configuration of b2evolution on your account upon signup.
Do it yourself!
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
If you're running version 5.1.0 or later, feel free to use the Auto-Upgrade Procedure for a quick and automated upgrade.
In any case, all the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
- If you have been using previous v6 beta versions, you should delete the
boostrap_*skin folders before installing this version. Otherwise you will have old files interfering with the new ones.
- Many root files are no longer needed in this version and should ideally be deleted from your web server.
- You should use the provided tool to convert your database to UTF-8. Please check Upgrade to b2evolution version 6.x for instructions.
In addition to what's been introduced in 6.4.4-beta:
- Enhanced collections list
- Enhanced user groups list
- Enhanced post edit screen
- Enhanced comment edit screen
- Enhanced Forums skin
- Enhanced User Avatars widget
- Enhanced Item List widget
- New Image widget, different from Logo Title widget
- UI Cleanup
- It's now always possible to contact *any* collection owner, even when not logged in, or when contacting from a "main" collection.
- Enhanced DB normalization tool.
- Fixed twitter plugin.
- Bug fixes...
B2evolution 6.5.0 stable just blows me away … Outstanding Job, B2Evolutions !!!
I’m getting this error (below) when trying to access the Front Office. I just upgraded to 6.5.0, and encounter this error on first logging in after the upgrade. I can see the new Back Office features, but can’t shift to the Front Office without encountering the error below.
An unexpected error has occurred!
If this error persists, please report it to the administrator.
Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Unknown $name for Menu::get_template(): ’sf-menu-right’
Hi John R Palmer,
Please check out this post: http://forums.b2evolution.net/error-when-login
is this Version compatible in multi domain multi language too ?