b2evolution 0.8.5.3-beta is available. You can download it here.
Here are some highlights for this release:
- Complete b2evo bookmarklet and sidebar;
- Comment spam prevention (vig-rx syndrome): blocks comments and posts containing blacklisted URLs (if you have had vig-rx posting on your blog, you know why you need this ;) ) This also applies to referrer spam.
- New post statuses: protected, private and deprecated
- New login/registering system. You can login directly on whichever function page you want. b2edit.php, b2browse.php, b2stats.php, etc… pick the backoffice homepage you prefer.
- New template functions: user_login_link(), user_register_link(), user_logout_link(), user_admin_link(), user_profile_link()
- Passwords are now stored encrypted in the database (by Swirlee)
- Security pacthes (by Sakichan)
- Smilies are now displayed in their correct chosen order. They are not displayed when they are deactivated.
- $allow_cross_posting = 0 will disable cross posting among multiple categories.
- Stats summary.
- Fully configurable directory structure. Spread b2evo all across your site! ;)