This is the new *stable* release, following 0.8.2.2. It is also known as the “Thunder” release! :p
You can get it from the downloads section.
The feature set is the same as for previous development versions with a few minor fixes. However, here is a summary of changes since last stable release (0.8.2.2):
- Security has been improved.
- This version has been fully internationalized and several localizations are already included.
- The login/registering system has been rewritten.
- The public interface can now restrict access to protected/private posts based on user login.
- The bookmarklet and sidebar features have been upgraded to full support of evo features. The regular backoffice as well as the Blogger API have also been improved.
- Comment spam prevention (vig-rx syndrome) has been added through the use of a blacklist. This also applies to referrer spam.
- The codebase has undergone heavy refactoring and gained flexibility. The directory structure is now fully configurable.
- Find out more, from the online demo!
I guess I’d like to offer my services. I am by no means an experienced PHP coder, but I am learning quickly, and have modified b2evo for my specific tastes and wondered if some of the things I’ve done might be of interest to others as features in new releases.
I like b2evo vs wordpress, mostly because the code is so much more organized and documented. This is something I always appreciate. However, I think wordpress has some features it would be great to work on for the future of b2evo as well.
Sounds like the new release Thunder! release allows for protection by user level, which I’d coded in myself, however I did make a modification to the commenting process to allow for parent/child relationship of comments so that a thread can be maintained.
A lot of my friends like to be automatically notified when a reply to a comment is placed, so I added this as well to send an email with the reply to a comment to the person to whom a person is replying.
I don’t have a whole lot of time to spread around, but I always seem to have time for coding, so if you could use assistance, please let me know.
See my resume, here: http://www.upsoclose.com/resume.php
Contributions are always welcome! ;)
Your additions sound interesting. I personnaly don’t like threaded discussions, but I know quite a few people who would like that ;) Email notifications are always useful. You’re welcome to contribute these to the codebase.
I am sending you a private email for details such as your sourceforge ID so I can set you up on the SF dev team.
Thanks for your contribution! :D