« b2evolution 4.1.4 (stable) releasedb2evolution 4.1.2 (stable) released »

b2evolution 4.1.3 (stable) released

March 4, 2012 @ 00:41, by fplanque • Category: New releases

b2evolution version 4.1.3-stable has been released.

Download here »

This upgrade is recommended for all users.

On the download page, you will also find a file containing only changed files since version 4.1.2. This may make upgrade easier if you are currently running v4.1.2.

Changes include:

• Added extra security check to file upload process.
  • Restricted file setting edits in demo mode.
  • Improved detection of known search engines, improved performance.
  • Upgrade TinyMCE editor to version 3.4.8.
  • Fixed: UI response when deleting comment from recycle bin.
  • Fixed: Use of blog locale in AJAX forms.
  • Fixed: substr_count() made compatible with PHP < 5.1
  • Fixed: In-skin login charset issue.
  • Fixed: Not encoding ampersands in tag URLs.
  • Fixed: Loading required _url.funcs.php file in cron job mode.
  • Fixed: PHP error with undefined function array_combine().
  • Fixed: Intro-Sub was not properly overriding Intro-Cat.
  • Fixed: Hide "Write new post" and "Comments" links from dashboard if user doesn't have permission, and other small permission checks update.
  • Fixed: Private message notifications emails in case of group conversations.
  • Fixed: Sub template [_item_block.inc.php] not found.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

7 comments

Comment from: Keith Bowes [Visitor]
Keith Bowes

I take it that the CVS repository is no longer being used. I haven’t seen an update there in months. It’s unfortunate to have to copy whole files over (CVS access or even patches with some context would be much better), as it undoes a lot of the changes I’ve made to the code (mostly to fix the errors it causes in PHP 5.4).

03/04/12 @ 07:19
Comment from: fplanque [Member]

We will be updating the SourceForge CVS with version 4.1.3 shortly.

(We do not use SourceForge in real time any more because they have too much downtime over the year.)

03/05/12 @ 00:44
Comment from: Bogdan [Visitor]
Bogdan

Hello,
I want to upgrade from 4.12 to 4.13. In the “Quick upgrade patches” I see the following:
“No database upgrade is necessary if you only want to upgrade from a.b.x to a.b.y, for example, from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2. You can upgrade just by replacing a few files. Just make sure you properly update your /conf files.”

There are many files in the /conf directory. The most important one seems to be _basic_config.php, _config.php and _upgrade.php

Can you please tell me what should I modify in these conf files after I replacing the new files from “b2evolution-4.1.2-to-4.1.3.zip” archive?

Thanks.

03/05/12 @ 12:12
Comment from: fplanque [Member]

If you haven’t touched anything else, copy your _basic_config.php from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3 and you’ll be fine.

03/06/12 @ 22:57
Comment from: Kenneth Brooks [Visitor]
Kenneth Brooks

I installed Version 4.1.3-2012-03-02 two days ago. My site shows 4.1.3 installed, but I received this message

WARNING: You are running an outdated development version (). Version 4.1.3-2012-03-02 is available for download. It is strongly recommended that you upgrade.
I downloaded and installed 4.1.3-2012-03-02 again today 3/7 and after a successful install received the same message. How do I correct this situation?

03/08/12 @ 03:32
Comment from: Gary Sicard [Visitor]
Gary Sicard

Great job Francois - Another solid release. B2evo rocks.

03/08/12 @ 05:08
Comment from: fplanque [Member]

I’d like to give credit to Alex/sam2kb for tracking and implementing the majority of the bug fixes in this release.

Does anyone else have the same message as Kenneth?

03/09/12 @ 16:32