The final 0.8.2 version has been released.
Download here: http://b2evolution.net/downloads/
This version took a little time to mature because we wanted to release a very stable version before we start a new cycle of heavy modifications on the legacy b2 code. Here it is… ;)
Below’s a list of enhancements since version 0.8.0:
0.8.2 (Final release)
- Security fixes
- Fixed pingbacks in b2mail.php
- Fixed taborder is b2edit.php
- Fixed user reported bugs
- Tooltips + shortcut keys on tag buttons
- Fixed timezone handling
- Ability to link each post to an URL
- Dynamic blogroll (the blogroll is just another blog on the system)
- Supports multiple blogs per page
- Supporting special blog #1 aggregating all blogs on the system
- Sending email notifications with significant ‘from’ address
- Checking if comment authors’ email addresses are valid
- Fixed calendar some more (hum… legacy…)
- Clean links for monthly/weekly/daily/post-by-post archives, including from calendar. (e-g: /blog/2003/06/ )
- Archives show number of posts per month or day
- Ability to limit number of archive links displayed
- Ability to display full archive directory in main display area
- Categories show number of posts per cat
- Not accepting HTML tags in comments by default for security reasons.
- single_month_title(-) now displays day of month or week number when available
- Search can now be done on all words (AND), some words (OR) or whole sentence ("")
- Displayed stats on blogs are filtered by the current blog
- Slightly enhanced backoffice stats view, including ability to delete spam hits from stats
- New & improved edit screen
- Support for textile
- New preview
- Better post browsing in backoffice
- In back-office: ability to display past or future posts only
- In back-office: ability to display draft or published posts only
- Supports using blogs as upcomming events calendars
Ability to limit viewable posts between two datestamps.
- evoSkins now include a skininfo.html file for your information.
- Automatically set wanted permissions and owner on newly created stub files
plain text urls, email, aim and icq addresses will be automatically converted to links, wherever they are displayed
Integrated XHTML validator (by Sakichan)
- Filtering of illegal tags
- cleaned up RSS feeds, better compliance to RSS 2 spec
- Using GM times in RSS feeds (the only ones Syndirella can handle)
- fixed bug with /archives/ page
- Better cookie management. Cookies will be shared between www.yoursite.com and yoursite.com. However, if there are multiple b2evolution installs on the same site those will not share cookies (this is especially important if /~username/ subdirectories are used…)
- Support for non permanent cookies
- Some more code cleanup
- Some more security fixes
I installed today this relase on my site and im very happy with him.
I hope you will continue making this very exating soft.
PD: Have b2evolution some translation sistem?because I wont to translat it to my lenguage (catalan).
Im sorry for my english level, I know is so bad.
hehe… implementing a translation system indeed is part of what I refered to as “heavy modifications od the code” ;)
If you are agree, I can help you with the spanish ans catalan translation.
Only one more question,What can I do to translate my site now?
PD: I hope i can help your team with the translation
Watch this page for annoucements and instructions on how to translate when the translation system is available.
I do not recommend translating current version (0.8.2).
How many time, do you think that the new version where relase?
probably a couple of weeks…
Ok!!!, many tanks. Now I will gonna make my skin and some extra thinks.
Best regard, and many greatings for b2evolution, I really enjoy it.
I see that b2e now supports “friendly URLs", a la ‘/blog/year/month/day/postnum", which is great, but one feature I envy that I’ve seen in other weblog software (though I can’t recall which) is the ability to generate a short URL from the title of a post. For example, if I have a post with the title “Reality Teevee is a Disease", I’d like to be able to link to it with the URL “/blog/realityTeeveeIs” or similar. Of course, if you had more than one post with the same title, you’d have to come up with an alternate name, like “realityTeeveeIs2″. Anyway, is there any chance we’ll see a feature like this in a subsequent release of b2e?
Also, what about caching pages for performance?
Is there any sort of public TODO list so we can see what features are in planning/development?
Meaningful URLs and advanced caching are both in the works. ;)
However, there is no public TODO list because that would be be a little too much artifical pressure… :P
That’s fantastic to hear, Francois.
Maybe can i help you with the Brazilian Portuguese version of b2evo!
That’s a great work!
Francois (I apologize for my presistent misspelling of your name, I’m just too lazy to type the cedilla), I just now installed b2e on my test server, and I must say I’m impressed. The installation went flawlessly and was impossibly easy to do, and I’m quite impressed by all of the configuration options. The configuration files are very easy to understand, too. I’m currently poking around to see what I found, but it took just a few seconds to import my 1500+ old posts into the new database. I’m extremely pleased and can’t wait to see what I can do with it.
Greetings from Malaga (Spain). Antonio :-)