First released on March 19th, 2016 and then re-released on March 20th, 2016 with a couple additional bug-fixes.
This is a stable release and is recommended for all users.
This release includes fixes for bugs that have been reported on version 6.6.7 as well as a few small improvements.
Also available on GitHub.
b2evolution installed & hosted in minutes
By choosing A2 Hosting you benefit from free installation & configuration of b2evolution on your account upon signup.
Do it yourself!
Our easy Installation Guide will provide step by step instructions to get you started with b2evolution.
In any case, all the upgrade options are outlined here: Upgrading an existing installation.
- If you have been using previous v6 beta versions, you should delete the
boostrap_*skin folders before installing this version. Otherwise you will have old files interfering with the new ones.
- Many root files are no longer needed in this version and should ideally be deleted from your web server.
- You should use the provided tool to convert your database to UTF-8. Please check Upgrade to version 6 for instructions.
In addition to features of version 6.6.7-stable:
- Better cropping tool.
- Enhanced Organization Members widget (better layout, more display and ordering options, don't display non-accepted members...)
- Performance optimizations, including cases where many collections are aggregated.
- Added bozo-validator to some front office forms.
- Fix quick upload when no attachments on a post yet.
- New collection setting to control locale of new posts
- Removed unused "Large site logo (URL)" in Site settings
- Enhanced existing test-content creation tools
- Added new tool to create sample collections.
- Fixes to sending email though SMTP.
Small visual cleanups.
- Small visual cleanups.
- Extended Youtube plugin to recognize more URLs
- Better compatibility for twitter plugin
- Enhanced Automated Install
- A few more skin params for skin developers to control skin displays
- Partial PHP 7 support
- Allow to load Font Awesome without a CDN
- Better detection of APC (Cache).
- Default install now uses better defaultsso as not to fail where
.htaccessis not properly supported
- Many Small Bug fixes.
- Updated code comments in quite a few places.
- Updated language packs