There's quite a few interesting things coming up, starting today:
- We are migrating this site (the "main" site) to a new server... better suited for handling the load of things to come ;) This should be finished sometime today. If you see this, it means you are already looking at the new server.
- We are setting up a demo/test server for the new forums... running on b2evo v5 instead of phpBB. We are still tweaking the importer to get a better transition. More info coming up shortly... The demo tests ran sucessfully. We now have finished migration. Click here!
- Right after that, we are going to migrate the main site to b2evo v5. If you see this, it means you are already looking at the new site running b2evolution v5-alpha.
- Then, we are going to integrate the forums with the main site, all under v5 of course. The integration will allow you to use the same user account for everything. (The user accounts from the phpBB forums will be imported.) We now have finished migration. Click here!
- Once this is done, we'll test everything for a couple of weeks. (Testing is in progress and going pretty well...) Once quirks are ironed out, we'll release an alpha version of b2evolution v5. (Alpha release before the end of November!)
- Finally, after all that, we'll start the b2evolution v5 documentation project with a brand new manual (running on b2evo v5 too instead of the old Wiki). This project has started. You can have a look here: http://b2evolution.net/man/
- Bonus: login & registrations for b2evolution community accounts are open. If you already had created an account several years ago, you can use it again by logging in. Otherwise you can register here. Either way, feel free to update your profile (new in v5) and stay logged in for your future comments... and forum posts (when migration is done).
October is going to be a very interesting month for the b2evolution project & community. Stay tuned! ;)
Update from November 1st: As you can see above, a lot of progress has been made in october. We are basically finishing work on the antispam/moderation features that will allow us to migrate the forums. We will release b2evolution v5-alpha a few days later.
Comment from: Anil Kumar Visitor
Way to go b2evolution. Congrats! Looking forward for your new projects.
(A web Design & Development Company)
The new forums demo server is live. Check it out here:
Please let us know any problems you may observe so we can make sure to fix them before the transition.
Awesome news Francois. I am glad to see such great progress on this fantastic system. I can’t wait to get my hands on V5 and take it for a spin.
Keep up the great work.
I am pleased to announce that this site is now running on b2evolution v5-alpha.
Not all new features have been activated yet, but it seems it’s nice and stable.
Please let us know about any quirks you might find…
We’re continuing work on the forums migration as well as the new manual.
I couldn’t resist a little demo of file attachments on comments.
(This is available to logged in users only.)
Comment from: bit Visitor
OH YEAH BABY
Waiting for v5!!!
Can I try the alpha version on one of my site?
Gary: the alpha will be available in a week or two (depending on how many bugs will still stumble upon :p)
Thank you so much. I look forward to this release. B2Evo is an awesome platform.
Comment from: Krakead Visitor
I used wordpress before but i must say b2evolution its lovely far superior in my opinion.
I like the amazing back-end functions.
Form is loading...